Vaginoplasty Surgery in Pune
Vaginoplasty is a surgical technique for enhancement or reconstruction of the vagina and female external genitalia. Vaginoplasty can be performed as a part of the mommy makeover surgery or a gender affirmation surgery too. Dr. Amit Mulay is one of the most renowned surgeons for Vaginoplasty in Pune.
Who is a candidate for Vaginoplasty?
You are a candidate for Vaginoplasty if:
- You had multiple vaginal deliveries
- Your vagina is altered or stretched from childbirth or ageing
- You experience severe pain during sexual or other physical activity such as horseriding
- You are born with congenital abnormalities that affect the development of the vagina
- You have occasional minor bladder incontinence
Surgeries for cosmetic enhancement of Female genitalia
These involve multiple procedures for vaginal tightening, labiaplasty, fat grafting and clitoroplasty. The aim of these procedures is to give a more youthful and tight vagina.
Types of Vaginoplasty for absence of vagina
The types of Vaginoplasty are discussed below:
Intestinal or Sigmoid Vaginoplasty
Intestinal Vaginoplasty is a type of female genital surgery to remove or alter the vaginal opening. It can be performed on patients with an intact hymen, no vagina, or who have an unusual vaginal opening, such as a fistula.
Peritoneal Vaginoplasty involves creating a clitoris from the lining of the peritoneum, which is a tissue that lines and protects the abdominal cavity.
McIndoe Vaginoplasty is a type of Vaginoplasty that reconstructs the vagina by using skin from areas of the body other than the vagina, for instance, the thigh and the butt. Unlike Intestinal or Peritoneal Vaginoplasty, it doesn’t require abdominal surgery to make the lining.
Penile Inversion Vaginoplasty
Penile Inversion Vaginoplasty is a technique of gender-affirming genital surgery that primarily uses genital skin to construct the vagina. It is only used in transgender women.
How is female genital rejuvenation performed?
The steps involved when Vaginoplasty is performed to repair the vagina after childbirth are as follows:
- Removal of extra skin and mucosa
- Using stitches to secure the full depth of the vagina and tighten the muscles
- Reducing the opening size of the vagina
The steps involved when Vaginoplasty is performed to repair the congenital defects of the vagina are as follows:
- Making a functional vagina
- Removal of the excess tissue
- Prevention of blood from pooling during menstruation
The steps involved when Vaginoplasty is performed as a part of gender affirmation surgery are as follows:
- Partial removal of the male genitalia
- Creating the vaginal canal using the skin of the penis or scrotum
What are the benefits of Vaginoplasty?
- Restored tightness to the vaginal area
- Enhanced appearance the vagina
- Enhanced muscle tone and restored contour
- Enhanced sexual gratification
- Boosted confidence and self-esteem
- Improved quality of life
What is the cost of Vaginoplasty in Pune?
The cost of Vaginoplasty in Pune varies for every individual depending on the following factors:
- Degree of vaginal laxity
- The extent of the surgery
- Type of the Vaginoplasty
- Post-surgical medications, tests, and follow-ups
- Experience of the surgeon
- Location of the clinic
Why choose Dr. Amit Mulay for Vaginoplasty, Pune?
Dr. Amit Mulay is a Plastic, Cosmetic, and Reconstructive Surgeon with several years of experience. During the consultation, he discusses the entire procedure in detail and gives you the best advice for surgery. To this date, Dr. Mulay has helped many patients by performing successful surgeries. So if you are looking to get a Vaginoplasty in Pune, you can reach out to us.