Chest Reconstruction Surgery
A chest reconstruction surgery is a procedure that changes the shape and usually adds tissue to an individual’s chest area. This type of surgery may be done to make the tissue more masculine or to alter the shape of the breasts as desired. Chest Reconstruction Surgery in Pune is typically performed on men who have excess chest fat or women who had their breast tissue removed due to cancer treatment. Dr. Amit Mulay is the best surgeon for Chest Reconstruction Surgery in Pune.
What are the steps involved in chest reconstruction surgery?
Given below is the step-by-step procedure for atypical Chest Reconstruction Surgery in Pune:
- The first step for chest reconstruction surgery is to clean the area.
- Then the surgeon creates an incision in the skin and places some material, usually cotton, over the chest area.
- Then the removal of the ribs and sternum is done.
- The next step is to close up the chest, including sewing together muscles and skin. The skin is closed over the sternum and ribs so that they are covered.
- Then the chest tissue is moved to create a new breast mound that matches the size of the original breast. After that, the skin is closed over the new breast and ribs.
- The final step is to close the incision with sutures or staples.
Who can perform chest reconstruction surgery?
Chest reconstruction surgery is often done by surgeons who are qualified to perform both breast and chest surgeries. It includes plastic surgeons, general surgeons, and medical oncologists. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of General Surgeons, and the American Society of Medical Oncology provide guidelines for eligibility for a chest reconstruction surgery.
Why choose Dr. Amit Mulay for Chest Reconstruction Surgery in Pune?
Dr. Amit Mulay is a leading plastic surgeon in Pune, India. He specialises in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, serving patients from all over the world. He has performed over 3,000 successful chest wall reconstruction surgeries in Pune. Dr. Mulay offers the latest procedures like a free flap and acellular dermal matrix grafting.