Tummy Tuck in Pune
A tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgery to make the abdomen thinner and more firm after significant weight loss or pregnancy. A tummy tuck, also known as Abdominoplasty, is also recommended to reduce lax, sagging skin caused by pregnancy or weight loss with or without abdominal muscle weakness. It involves removing excess skin and fat, in most cases, restores weakened or separated muscles.
Who is a candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
You are a candidate for Tummy Tuck in Pune if:
- You are physically healthy.
- You have loose skin around the abdomen.
- You have a stable weight.
- You are not a smoker or an alcoholic
- You have no medical problems
What are the types of abdominoplasty?
Complete abdominoplasty is generally performed on those men and women who want to reshape their entire midsection. It involves taking out excess skin from between the pubic bone to the navel.
Partial abdominoplasty is appropriate for those patients whose condition is not severe enough for a complete abdominoplasty. It is less invasive and focuses on the lower area of the abdomen.
How is a tummy tuck performed?
The step-by-step procedure for tummy tuck surgery is as follows:
- First, the surgeon assesses the excess skin and then makes markings before the surgery.
- Next, under anaesthesia, the surgeon makes two incisions. The first incision will be made along the bikini line below the belly button horizontally, and the second one will be made around the belly button vertically. The length of the incision depends on the extent of fat and skin to be removed.
- After the belly button is separated and removed, the skin will be lifted, and the underlying abdominal muscles will be pulled closer and tightened to match the inner abdominal contour. In some cases, Liposuction may also be performed to remove small fat pockets around the muscles.
- Then the surgeon gently lifts the abdominal skin and stretches and tightens the underlying abdominal muscles. In some cases, a liposuction device is also being brought into practice to remove the small pockets of fat.
- After the lifted skin is stretched to match the new abdominal wall shape, the excess skin ends are trimmed.
- Finally, the belly button is attached again, and the entire area is covered with surgical dressings.
What are the advantages of Tummy Tuck?
- Rejuvenated truncal aesthetics
- Improved posture
- Prevents back pain
- A firm and smooth abdominal profile
- Boosted self-esteem and confidence
- Improved Quality of life
Why choose Dr. Amit Mulay for Tummy Tuck surgery, Pune?
Dr. Amit Mulay is a renowned plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon in Pune. He has vast experience and a great clinical record. At Dr. Mulay’s Creo clinic, we provide abdominoplasty that is customised to every patient’s anatomy and help them achieve the desired cosmetic outcome. So if you are referring to a patient for a tummy tuck in Pune, you can consult us about any concerns you may have.