LIPOMA REMOVAL in Pune
A lipoma is a swelling under the skin that occurs due to an overgrowth of cells and is usually considered harmless by doctors. However, some patients might have concerns about the appearance of lipomas, especially those who find their presence uncomfortable or distressing, and might look for lipoma removal in Pune.
In rare cases, lipomas can occur in internal organs or muscles. In addition, some people inherit a rare genetic condition where they get multiple familial lipomas. Lipomas can also occur in people with specific medical conditions, such as:
- Gardner’s syndrome
- Cowden syndrome
- Madelung’s disease
- Adiposis dolorosa
Doctors inspect the appearance, size and site of presence and if they suspect it is cancerous, they order the following tests such as:
- Biopsy- where lump tissue samples will be incised to examine for signs of cancer.
- Ultrasound scan
- MRI scan
- CT scan
If the cancer is found, the doctor will recommend lipoma removal as the best treatment to curb its spread and advancement.
- A doctor can remove a lipoma surgically. Generally, they make a small cut in the skin and squeeze out the lipoma. The patient is usually under local anaesthesia during the procedure and should return home on the same day.
- However, the doctor may need to make a bigger incision to remove larger lipomas.
- It is also possible to remove lipomas using liposuction. The doctor will cut into the lump and insert a tube through the incision, which will then be used to suck the mass of fat cells out of the body.
- The doctors will usually send the lipoma material to a laboratory after surgery. These operations will often leave a small scar once the wound has healed.
Why choose Dr. Amit Mulay for lipoma surgery in Pune?
Fatty tumours are usually benign, but they can be cancerous. If a tumour becomes painful, gets larger, or changes in any other way, it’s essential to consult your doctor so that the condition can be investigated further. If you are looking for an experienced surgeon for lipoma surgery in Pune, consider booking a consultation appointment with Dr Amit Mulay.