Sebaceous cyst Removal in Pune
A cyst is a protein-filled, dome-like, yellow or white lump originating from the skin. There are many types of cysts. Sebaceous cysts are rare and originate from sebaceous glands. Sebaceous cysts can be found on your body, and squeezing them will release the fluid (sebum) from inside of them.
Some facts about Sebaceous cysts:
- Sebaceous cysts are far uncommon than other types of cysts, such as epidermoid cysts and pilar cysts.
- Sebaceous cysts usually do not hurt, but if they become infected, you might feel a burning sensation or itchiness, and the cyst may swell up like a blister.
- Sebaceous cysts are usually harmless, and rarely, a sebaceous cyst can become cancerous.
A sebaceous cyst can be cancerous only if it has any of the following characteristics:
- Signs of infection such as severe redness, pain, or pus drainage.
- Diameter that’s larger than five centimetres.
- A fast rate of growth, even after being removed.
Doctors generally Ask for the following examinations for diagnosing Cysts:
- Ultrasound to examine the contents of the cyst
- A CT scan
- A punch biopsy
Doctors will choose any of the following treatment procedures depending on the size and location of the cyst.
- laser-aided excision: The cyst is drained with the help of a laser by making a small hole.
- Conventional wide excision: Surgically removing the cyst using incisions.
- Minimal excision: The cyst is removed by a minimally invasive technique in the skin overlying the cyst.
- Punch excision: The cyst and a margin of healthy skin around it are removed using a cookie-cutter-like scalpel.
Why choose Dr. Amit Mulay for Sebaceous cyst Removal in Pune?
It’s wise to consult with your doctor about any strange lumps or irregularities you notice on your skin, even if their size or appearance is cosmetic. It’s important to contact your doctor for a diagnosis and course of treatment. Be wary. Although it could be harmless, certain lumps might not just be benign sebaceous cysts; they could turn out to be something dangerous if you are looking for a consultation in Pune. Book an appointment with Dr. Amit Mulay right away.